Ugh, yet another film that I was really looking forward to, that didn't meet my expectations, or even live up to it's own hype!
What did I just watch?
Let me start by saying that I am a MASSIVE fan of the entire Insidious/Conjuring universe...and I've enjoyed all the films so far. But this just didn't do anything for me, the winning formula seems to have changed, the characters and their personalities seem different, the 'scares' just ain't there!
It's so slow, dull, boring and tedious. If I'm honest, I spent 85% of the film confused about what was going on...and the other 15% wishing it would end. The previous instalments had me on the edge of my seat throughout. They made me feel like if I looked away for even a second, I would miss something. Not this time though...I actually went and made a snack while watching this.
Don't get me wrong, it's still a competent film, but it's also the weakest link of the franchise.
If there is going to be another instalment after this, PLEASE go back to the original format.