Just some points:
- Acting: Mediocre at best, with some moments of the most wooden performance I have seen in my life. No, scratch that - the most "let's pretend very hard that whatever is happening is scary" acting I have seen in my life.
- Storyline: My 13-year-old daughter writes more convincing stories than this. Come on, people, something like this is supposed to be a masterpiece of art? According to some reviewers, yes... But the story is so obvious and simple, I was able to tell the ending after first fifteen minutes into the movie. Should that be a plus in any movie? I do not think so.
- Symbolism and surrealism: Please tell me, where is any originality in it? This movie was shot in 1977 for god's sake!!! Anything shown here was derived from other work, and other movies. And, what's probably more important, it is so far-fetched it feels simply showy and nothing else.
- Music: The most pretentious part of all. Some said the score was the strongest part of the film. For me it was just trying to insert "tension" and "fear" in places the picture failed to do it. Music was artificial and forced to the point I had to mute the TV in some places in order to be able to continue watching the film.
- Gory parts: Well, for 1977 they are not that bad. Make-up is decent, dead people look dead, although colors are overdone (which is probably intended).
- Scare factor: None whatsoever. Sorry. Forget it. Not for me.
OVERALL: Boring..... what else? .....boring..... and boring plus the worst film music I have ever heard.
For me 1 of 10.